"Investment in a major upgrade of Prospect building will transform the campus experience and better meet the needs of our modern campus community. A phased programme of works will result in enhanced learning and study spaces, creation of a dedicated Student Support Suite, an improved student Gateway to mirror that at City Campus and an enriched catering offer."
During the building work, where is the library entrance?
A temporary riverside entrance to St. Peter's Library will open on the lower floor (Level 0):
This will be the Prospect Building's main entrance while works continue.
Mobility impaired building users will be able to access the library from the St. Peter's quadrangle up until June 10, after which access will be via the temporary riverside entrance. Please get in touch if you need assistance accessing the building.
Can I still use the library?
Yes! St. Peter’s Library services will continue throughout this exciting redevelopment. Access to St. Peter’s Library services, support, and library collections held within the Prospect Building will be maintained throughout the duration of the redevelopment works.
• Opening hours: We will still offer both staffed and self-service hours, with 24/7 opening from 16 April to 1 June
• Collections: You can use our collections and borrow books as normal (ask us if you need help finding anything)
• Assignments: If you've been asked to hand in your assignment or pick up a marked assignment, you can do this at our temporary Library Help Point on the lower floor
• Computers: Our PCs and Macs will be available to use as normal. Assistive technology will be relocated to the lower floor next to the Library Help Point
We will be sending regular updates through our Twitter and Facebook pages and on our library blog. Posters and digital signage will be in place throughout the building to keep you up-to-date with any updates to library access as the building redevelopment progresses.
Where will the helpdesk be located?
A temporary Library Help Point is open on the lower floor near the riverside entrance from 16 April until the works are complete. Self-service machines, assistive technology, and reservations are also located here.
Will the opening hours change?
St. Peter’s Library opening hours will remain as advertised - see our opening hours on our website.
Will study skills support be available?
Our Liaison Librarian and Study Skills team will be located at The Murray Library during this period but will be available to meet with students and staff at the Sir Tom Cowie Campus at St. Peter's and can be contacted by e-mail, live chat, phone, and social media.
I know these aren't library services, but where can I find...
• Gateway Services? Reg Vardy Building, Room 206A
• Student Financial Advice? Reg Vardy Building, Room 206
• Catering? Lower floor of Prospect Building with a temporary Costa outlet