Q. Can I access the Library buildings?
We are doing everything we can to support your study from home. Our Library service has operated digitally for many years: we have everything in place to support you, with knowledgeable staff and a robust set of digital services and resources.
Our Customer Services Assistants team are ready and waiting to help you on live chat. We can help you with the same sorts of questions you have when you would visit our helpdesks. You can also e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
As of Monday 23 March:
• From 5pm, The Murray Library building will be closed as will St. Peter's Library building. Given the developing national position, closing as much of the City Campus as possible is the only responsible thing to do. The University is working to maintain the health, safety and wellbeing of our students and staff. Many of our resources are available online from at home, no matter where you are in the country or in the world. We have a robust system of support in place to help you access these resources - please live chat or e-mail us with any questions you have.
As of Friday 30 March:
• From 5pm, the Sir Tom Cowie Campus at St. Peter's is closed, therefore there is no access to St. Peter's Library.
As of Wednesday 18 March:
• Guest access has been suspended (including Sunderland City Library, Alumni Association, and SCONUL members)
• There is no access to our Special Collections or our Archives
As of Tuesday 17 March:
• Our Sunderland Campus Libraries remain open but we are operating a virtual helpdesk service whereby staff are only available to help via online chat
• You can use the study spaces and borrow and return books using the self-service machines
• We encourage you to only visit the Library buildings and study spaces if completely necessary, following Government guidelines for social distancing
• If you can, please study from home, following Government guidelines for social distancing