Library buildings are open. Find out more on our website.
Prior to visiting the University campus
Prior to your first visit back on campus, the University strongly encourages students to arrange three Lateral Flow tests and then after this time arrange free twice-weekly Lateral Flow tests. These tests are designed to find people who might be carrying the virus without knowing it and therefore help reduce transmission. The testing centre is located in Unit 1, Tech Park beside Murray Library and is being run by Sunderland City Council. A testing slot can be booked here.
Using the Library
Please continue to follow the guidelines and measures to ensure the environment is safe for all.
• Maintain safe social distancing when you visit the Library
• Wear a face-covering - Please wear a face-covering at all times, even when seated, unless you are exempt.
• Sit 2 meters apart - Please maintain a 2m social distance from others at all times, even if you are from the same household or support bubble (University staff cannot verify households).
• Use your own campus card to access the Library - Tap through the Library gates with your own campus card (you are also required to use your campus card when entering all University buildings).
• Wash your hands frequently
• Clean equipment before and after use
• Co-operate with University staff who are doing their best to maintain a safe environment
Read more about the updates we have made to our services and the guidelines to follow here: librarytalk.sunderland.ac.uk/faq/243009
If you have any queries or if you need support in any way please contact us via Library Talk. Find more covid-19 related information and live chat with us at librarytalk.sunderland.ac.uk