Saving items on the library catalogue
Save individual books to look at later and form your own further reading lists.
1. Go to library.sunderland.ac.uk and search for the books you want using the Search for books and more... box and using the 'Books and eBooks' radio button.
2. When you find a book you want to save, click the Save button next to the book. Choose the list you want to add it to, or create a new list.
3. If you've not already logged into your account, log in now to keep your lists (as they'll only be temporary at for this session). Use your University userID and password if you're a current student or staff member.
4. You can access your lists of saved items by clicking My Lists.
Saving items and saving searches for journals and more
Create a personal My Discover account to view and organise items into folders, save your searches, and create email alerts to the latest research on your topic. We have more help on using your My Discover folders on our website.
1. Go to library.sunderland.ac.uk and search for the articles you want using the Search for books and more... box and using the 'Journal Articles' radio button.
2. Click on My Discover then Sign in to My EBSCOHost and create a new account. You may want to use your university userID and password so you don’t have to remember new details. Once you've created an account, remember to login each time you search for journals.
3. Click the blue folder icon next to articles you want to save:
If you’ve found a particularly successful combination of keywords and you’d like to save the search so that you can run it again next month or at any later date you can, just follow these steps:
1. At the top of your results list, click on the Share button and choose to Add search to folder
2. Once you’ve saved your search, click on the My Discover link in the top menu - the search will be saved to a folder called Persistent Links to Searches
3. You will be able to copy and paste the persistent link to run the search again at any time.