We have replaced our subscription to Lexis UK Newspapers with a subscription to a new database called Global Newsstream.
(We still have our subscriptions to other Lexis products, only our newspaper subscription has changed!)
Why have we changed to Global Newsstream?
• Global Newsstream includes global coverage (e.g. The New York Times, Washington Post, The Bangkok Post, South China Morning Post, Asian Wall Street Journal, Jerusalem Post) - whereas Lexis UK Newspapers only holds UK content. International press coverage is important for a range of programmes including Business, Journalism, PR, Media, and Tourism.
• You'll be able to search across 600+ newspaper titles and news broadcast outlets at the same time.
• Global Newsstream includes the Financial Times and the Wall Street Journal, essential business titles not held by Lexis UK Newspapers.
• Global Newsstream hosts video and audio content. It also monitors international broadcasters like NPR, BBC, ABC, CBC.
• There are no geo-restrictions on Global Newsstream, so if you study overseas you will also be able to use this resource.
• Please note, in Global Newsstream there is no pre-set search across major UK newspapers. We are in the process of creating a screencast which illustrates how to limit a search to the top 17 UK national newspapers in Newsstream, so you should still be able to get this functionality.