You must return the laptop to the lap safe from which it was borrowed (St. Peter's Library, The Murray Library, or The Gateway). Just like when you borrowed the laptop, these completely self-service machines and there is no need to ask at the building helpdesks for staff to return the laptop.
When returning your laptop, please make sure you are aware of the building opening hours.
To return a laptop you will need your campus card and your PIN.
This is the lap safe at The Murray Library:
Image: Lap safe on the Ground Level of The Murray Library
1) At the touch screen, select the return option on the screen.
2) Tap your card on the lap safe.
3) Enter your PIN.
4) You will be told which tower and locker to go to on the screen. (This is the same tower and locker from which you borrowed the laptop.)
6) Tap your card on the lap safe again and the locker will unlock.
7) As instructed on the screen, go to the locker number indicated and tap your card on the contactless symbol on the tower. The locker should unlock and you can now return the laptop. Please ensure you plug in the power and network cables attached to the locker, in order to complete the return.
Please read this FAQ for more on borrowing a self-service laptop: librarytalk.sunderland.ac.uk/faq/167233