If you are being addressed by the wrong name, honorific, or pronoun in written communications from the Library, the first thing to do is to update your details with the Gateway or with Human Resources. Your preferred name can be changed without a legal document and will then be reflected in the University’s internal systems such as the Library, email, and Canvas.

Please note that our Library system draws your details from those central systems and we cannot make long-term changes to any personal details in our Library systems. 

If you are addressed incorrectly by Library staff or anyone else in the Library, please correct them. Alternatively, or in addition, you may report concerns through the Report It service.

Related Topics